Friday, April 16, 2010

A Letter to Those Who Come Upon This Blog

Dear Reader,

If you have stumbled upon this blog, you have come across a place where there are no bars. I make no explanation for what is said and let each letter stand on its own. I guess I should hope that by reading them, you get something out of it. I don't know what that something might be, but that's not why I'm writing them. I don't really care if you get something out of them and neither do my letters. My letters don't like you and they don't pretend to do so. They are a form of written catharsis. These are all my thoughts directed at people throughout my day-to-day experiences. Each and every word not said aloud, but unleashed into this dark abyss known as the internet.

In addition, I ask for nothing and I seek nothing. Do what you will with these letters. Read them. Leave them. Shit on them and then send them in a box to your mother. It makes no difference. They will remain here, indifferent of your existence and even of my own. I have breathed something like life into them, and they will now flower and multiply, these rhododendrons of rhetoric.

I have waxed poetic, and I will now ramble into the future. Enjoy.

Love,
Jake

No comments: