Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Letter to My Husband

Dear future love of my life,

There are some things that I wanted you to know before we got started. I cannot promise to always be on time. In fact, there will be many times where I am late. I cannot promise that we'll be together every moment of every day. In fact, there will be many times where we will be separated from each other. I cannot promise to always be kind. In fact, there will be many times where I may be quite cruel. I cannot promise that we'll always be happy. In fact, there will be many times where we will be anything but. I cannot promise that I'll always want to talk. In fact, there will be many times where I will be filled with nothing but silence.

However.

I can promise you that even though I may be late, I will always be there. Through thick and through thin. I can promise you that even though we won't spend every moment together, there won't be five minutes that will go by without me thinking of you. And how lucky I am to have you. I can promise you that even though I may be cruel sometimes, I will always look out for your interests above my own. Because in the end, your interests are my own. I can promise you that even though we won't always be happy, I'll try my best to at least keep you laughing no matter what goes wrong. For there is nothing that pains me more than to see you hurt. I can promise that even though I may not always talk, I will always listen. In me, you will not only find an ear, but two directed to you.

Oh, and there is one more thing I can promise you. I can promise you that my love will never fade. I cannot wait to meet you.

Love,
Jake

P.S. I love you.

No comments: